SFF is a registered charity in Scotland and is organised and run by volunteers. The charity’s management committee also forms the backbone of the organising committee with sub groups for discreet activities that can co-opt members as the need and availability arises. SFF is rightly proud of the commitment and variety of skills that volunteers have brought to festival over the years which has resulted in a hugely successful, “family friendly” festival.
As a member of the Volunteer Club, you are an integral part of the Festival team. Not only are you the eyes and ears of the festival but you also act as ambassadors and information points. Whatever your role, you are often the first point of contact for the public and as such can make a difference to their Festival experience.
This successful Festival would not exist without the energies and commitment of the many volunteers. This is recognised by the organisers and also by the many people who attend events and the artists who entertain. We hope that those who volunteer with us enjoy the experience and come back in future years.
The number of volunteers vary over the year and reaches a peak during the set-up, the actual festival weekend and the subsequent clear-up activities. However, it is fair to say that volunteers are working within the organisation all year round
Terms and Conditions for Festival Volunteers
1. We would encourage all Volunteers to read the Stonehaven Folk Festival Volunteer Policy, which highlights important aspects such as:
· Volunteer roles
· Equality, diversity and inclusion
· Induction & Training
· Health & Safety
2. Volunteers will be supplied with a Stewards' badge which must be worn at all times whilst representing Stonehaven Folk Festival.
3. We ask that all of our volunteers take their roles seriously and are committed to the shifts they are given.
4. Volunteers must be available to attend one of the induction/training sessions in late June / early July 2019 (or just prior to the commencement of their shift) – details will be sent nearer the time.
Volunteer Club document as a .pdf: Volunteer-Club2.pdf
Link to Stonehaven Folk Festival Volunteer Policy: SFF-Volunteer-Policy.pdf